Is your life/work balance killing you? How about working for a small boutique firm located three miles outside of downtown Austin? The ideal candidate for this Technology Writer need will be responsible for producing long-form, business-to-business marketing collateral for enterprise software and hardware products. Core responsibilities also include leading conference calls to interview subject matter experts from the client organization. The Technology Writer also produces templated short copy related to the long-form documents such as tweets, promotional emails and web copy that support the client’s marketing program.
For further clarification, this role must be able to provide marketing materials that address both technical and business issues of the target audience. Typically, this audience is not the -lay reader-. Rather, the audience is either:
- A technical professional who needs to understand how a technology is used to meet business goals
- A business professional who has a firm grasp of technology, but who needs to know how a specific technology product works to help meet business goals.
Background & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, advertising, PR communications or related field;
- 5 years minimum in copywriting for enterprise hardware and software products is required;
- Experience must be in long-copy, B2Bcollateral;
- Past experience working in an agency environment is preferred;
- Provide PDF samples of published long-form, B2B (white papers, solution briefs, data sheets, brochures or similar).