Responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Writes and edits technical documentations for all of the projects hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
Skill Level 0:The Level 0 Technical Writer shall be able to perform the following indicated tasks:
- Understands basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
- Assists in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Gathers technical information, prepares written text
- May maintain a current internal documentation library
- Uses multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.