The Technical Writer is responsible for research, writing, and production of user manuals, technical reference manuals, and release notes for APCON hardware and software products.
- Gather technical information, work with Subject Matter Experts to clarify and describe features and functions. Study internal specifications, block diagrams, drawings, parts lists, training materials, and prototypes of products. Hands-on use of APCON hardware (switches, blades, and SFPs) and various software interfaces to verify and document features and operations.
- Write content that describes the technology, competitive features, and sequence of installation, configuration, and operating procedures. Provide editing support for engineers and others.
- Create screenshots and diagrams to illustrate procedures. Work with Marketing to prepare photographs, drawings, and other graphics to best illustrate new features in the manuals and be consistent with Marketing documentation (data sheets, brochures).
- Prepare a complete draft for technical review and work with Engineering, Software Quality Assurance, Professional Services (technical support) and Marketing to ensure technical accuracy and completeness of information. Revise and edit as required.
- Submit the final electronic and printed documentation to Manufacturing for routing and
sign-off through the ECO process. Work with Marketing and Manufacturing to distribute final product documentation, and with Marketing to post on the corporate Support Site.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes to scope, format, and content. Propose reorganization of existing or new/supplemental documentation as needed.