This position serves as a grant writer for the university. The primary responsibilities include working with faculty and staff to develop a wide range of grants for submission to family foundations, private foundations and corporations with an emphasis on higher education, academic support and scholarship. The individual also acts as a liaison to faculty and the community regarding private grant opportunities and performs additional duties as required.
1. Serve as principal writer and researcher for grant proposals to federal and state agencies as well as corporations and foundations.
2. Assist faculty and staff with the grant development, proposal preparation and submission process.
3. Develop relationships with program managers and corporate partners as related to grant making opportunities.
4. Provide stewardship to funders and assists with progress communication and reporting.
5. Create, research and maintain database of grant opportunities and funders as well as grant tracking and reporting requirements.
6. Maintain calendar of submission and other deadlines.
7. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Grants and Sponsored Programs.