Looking for social web editor to join the team at Modern Farmer, a new print quarterly/website dedicated to farming and food. The magazine and digital brand will cover the “new food culture” — telling stories about the technology, history, culture, trends, people, animals and issues relevant to the growing population of people who care about where their food comes from.
The social web editor is a really important hire for us. This person will work closely with the editorial team:
* to develop a community around the web and print content
* will man the social media channels
* will develop analytics to measure growth
* will love Chartbeat and generally help make sure that web content, on all platforms, follows a strategic plan
* the social web editor will also create connections between Modern Farmer and other-like minded media organizations and people, which could include helping to organize IRL events
* writing/blogging, on occasion. Reporting experience a plus, but not necessary
* ideally, this person would have a familiarity with the issues and influencers in this space, either through personal predilection or past professional experience.
The job is based in Hudson, NY, but we are willing to work with the travel needs of the right candidate (to work remotely part-time, for instance.) Competitive salary, full benefits. Please send all candidates to email@example.com.