As Managing Editor, you’ll be responsible for creating compelling personal finance content that supports our mission to help people do more with their money and navigate the current, difficult economy. You’ll be managing the day-to-day content of Mint.com/blog – publishing twice daily on MintLife – while working with freelance contributors and managing relationships with content partners. As social manager, you will work with the marketing team and PR/social agencies to interact with fans, customers and prospects across social channels like Facebook, Twitter, Google+.
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar to deliver on blog channel objectives for brand building, delivering user value, and generating traffic/revenue to the Mint.com service.
- Manage all editorial and content-related budgets, writers, and schedules. Assign, edit and publish news, analysis and feature articles on personal finance and economic trends twice daily.
- Develop blog and social plans to deliver against the holistic Mint marketing and product strategy. Participate in marketing campaigns and initiatives for new and upgraded Mint.com features and products.
- Manage social agency to ensure timely and relevant postings, news, and promotions that grow fan base, acquire customers, and increase engagement through “likes” and shares.
- Foster relationships with other blogs, key influencers, and experts in the personal finance or lifestyle space to improve quality content and reach new audiences.
- Meet regularly with marketing team and PR/social agencies to stay up to date on business needs, share industry and social trends, and brainstorm new ideas.
- Set annual goals for the blog and social channels. Manage tracking and reporting (analytics) to measure the blog and social impact on Mint’s brand awareness/image, site traffic and user conversion rates.
- Work with the creative team to maintain and improve the design and functionality of the blog and social communities.